Saturday, April 21, 2018

Blogging for blogging's sake

I have been trying to blog at least once a week since I started following the Artist's Way, and it's not always easy to come up with ideas. Nothing's really happened this week to inspire any noteworthy feelings. So I am forced to just sort of babble in order to crank out a goal's worth of blog to feel confident about my artistic progress.
 My sister has been so good to me lately. Ever since our colossal fight, we've managed to talk at least a few times a week. If not more. She's been more attentive and interactive and even when she doesn't have time or energy to video chat or talk on the phone, she'll message me via facebook to make sure I know she's not just thoughtlessly blowing me off and that she loves me. I haven't felt so very far away lately, and that's pretty much been wholly her effort and attention. Her love has not gone unnoticed. Maybe we are best friends after all. ^_^
  Today is my best friend's birthday and I feel like I'm so useless, I love her so much, but I can't DO anything for her from this far away. Plus, I spent the day with my only friend here having a really nice time, and I can't help but feel guilty. I should be there, with her, making her day special. One day I hope to be able to make up for all the missed holidays and celebrations!
  Why does "awful" mean "bad"? I mean... "Awesome" means "good". And "awe" means "to be in a state of wonder" (or something, I didn't look it up or anything). So how did "awful" come to mean something negative? I don't know. Just a random thought.
 My little Ducky started waving recently! It's so cute! It's more of a grabbing at people, but I count it at waving. She first did it for my mother-in-law, but now she's done it to our orange cat, my sister over video message, and my mother over video message. It's the best darn thing yet!! Aside from her laughing. And her hugs when she's really excited and happy to see me. And her smile, of course. But waving is definitely up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment