Sunday, December 8, 2019

2019 Christmas

Something miraculous has happened this Christmas. I have almost everything done... and I'm only a week into December. I was determined to have my shopping done in November, and I'm so close, I can almost taste it. I have been wrapping gifts and putting together my packages for my family. I want to make sure that everything is delivered before Christmas, but I never thought I'd actually DO it. And yet, here I am... my brother and sister-in-law's gifts are wrapped and ready to go. All the nieces, done. My brother, done. My younger sister, done. My older sister, almost done, but not quite. (I need a box for a complicated gift). My bro-in-law, done. My dad has long-since been taken care of. His gift is even there already. My mom, my mother-in-law, and my father-in-law are really the only ones who I desperately need to take care of. My mom's gift is more of a project, and I want to get her something else as well. My mother-in-law is always so hard to buy for and for some reason the second I got married, it became my responsibility to buy gifts for all his family? It wasn't a responsibility I was prepared for. And its not one that I'm very good at either.
   I kind of want to get something else for Evie. I don't have a big present for her. I have lots of fun little ones, but I really want to get her a little play piano. I think she would love that. Maybe some more books, I love reading to her and she loves being read to.
  I feel like even though I put all this effort into gifts every year, its never enough. I want to give as much as I love... and that's just not possible.
   With all this time, though, I want to be able to focus on what this season is really all about. I want to take the time to enjoy all the good things about Christmas. Making cookies. Decorating. Spending time with family. Driving around and seeing all the lights. But more than anything, listening to God, spending time with him, and giving him the attention he deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment