Sunday, January 11, 2015

Exercising makes no sense.

I don't get it. I don't understand. They always say, "Just exercise every day. Do something to break a sweat everyday. " But when you are actually doing that… your muscles start to break down and then "they" say, "What? Don't exercise EVERYDAY… you have to let your body regenerate."

WHAT?!!
I don't get it. I'm finally at a place in my life where I want to run all the time, and I CAN'T because my legs… my body… my muscles won't let me!!! It doesn't seem fair.
I guess there is the rule of 6's. You can do the same thing for 6 days, then you have to change it up. Allow the muscles you've been using to adapt, and use different muscles.
Which is all fine and good…
But running is something I enjoy and working out abs or doing pilates… I DO NOT. It's easy to coninue moving when you HAVE to get home. Like… You can't give up and just be done mid-run. You would be stuck out in the heat. But when you're at home, you actually have to make a concerted effort to stay focused on working out.
I hate that.
It's hard enough to WANT to work out. But to work out when you have no definite motivation? That's really hard…
It's also a double positive, because when I run, I get to work on my tan. ^_^
I don't know. It's just disappointing.
Today, I was too discouraged and ended up eating two donuts. I've been burping grease all day. It's a terrible decision.
Anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment