Saturday, January 3, 2015

Running, Swimming, and Purpose

Day 3 of running! Well… walk-jogging… And one of those days was actually a hike down the side of a mountain and a long swim in the ocean. But still!!! I have woken up sore every day and that is a pretty good feeling.
Guam is perfection. I swear. There is nothing like the beaches here. I love them! I love them with a fiery passion!!! You can't help but love them. You can forgive the distance from family, the boredom, the loneliness… When you are standing in the ocean and the rain is hitting the water and making it spring back up… and the ocean is so warm, but the rain is even warmer, and your love kisses you with salt-stained lips and the world is absolutely perfect.

There is nothing like it.
You know, it's funny where you can find purpose… I feel like I have been purposeless for a while now… And maybe, for a little while, health can be my purpose. Running. Feeling like I'm doing SOMETHING to change my life and make it better. 
I don't know. Maybe that's silly. But it's making me happy so far. And I want to be the type of person who is driven to do something! You know… It's been pretty easy so far, too… I think that's why I feel like maybe this is a good purpose for me to have. Because I WANT to do it. 
Anyway. I don't know what I'm rambling about. 
I think exorcising is just making me happy, and when I'm happy… I ramble!

1 comment:

  1. I think your purpose is to find what makes you happy. And love, endorphins, and warm beautiful beaches make you happy.

    ReplyDelete